View Single Post
Old February 18, 2000, 04:02 AM   #16
CassandraComplex

I take the statement as literally as possible. Many of the more hardcore instructors like Jim Crews teach to always have a rifle as close as possible. That means having a "trunk rifle" and a home rifle/carbine/shotgun.
I take the statement very literally and I do keep a carbine legally in my trunk and I keep a shotgun available at home, never more than a room away.
I DO use my handgun to fight to my rifle.
Most of the time, I will not need a handgun. Most of the rest of the time, I will need to only display a handgun. Most of that time, I will never need to fire the handgun, and most of that remaining time I will never need a reload. Does that mean I don't carry a reload?
Handguns are very ineffective. My handugn is to fight my way to my rifle that I left in the car or in the other room.
The odds are slim that I need it, but in a situation like commuting home and getting stuck in the middle of a major incident like a riot etc, I want to have the rifle if I need it.
Similarly, if I see an incident going down and I have even two seconds to get the rifle, I get it. If I hear shouting outside like a major incident going down where I know I may need firepower, you bet I get the rifle in my hands. The handgun is only for the cases where I CANNOT get the rifle. The handgun is merely present for the fact that I can wear it and have it immediatly if I cannot get to the rifle fast enough.

Page generated in 0.03615 seconds with 8 queries