View Single Post
Old October 5, 2017, 04:14 PM   #102
RC20

Quote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Carguycrhis: There were a number of versions and variations of spelling and punctuation.

And yes the Government and standing armies (aka GB and the King) were the source of the attempt to maintain the freedoms.

The comma makes no difference, the right to keep and bear arms is clearly stated and by historical record related to the militias.

A reality sub test was people owned guns, that was not in questions and frankly has zero to do with the 2nd, all attempts to change that fact aside.

Agreed the Michigan militia was a read hearing, but the point was Militia is now totally out of context. ITs been replaced by the national guard which in turn is really part of the power structure of the US Military (not a bad thing but not what was intended either in the vision of the founders)

Quote:
You know we already have serious penalties for shooting into crowds and killing people, right?
The endless pivot.

He died, so did 58 (now).

Obviously determent one did not mean anything to the deranged man.

Please keep the vein in context and read ALL my posts.

It has to do with avaialaity , opportunity and hopefully triggers alarms and or results in a stop before it occurs.

Have you read about the failure of the Maconda Oil Platform Operation?

Little spill of oil in the gulf of Mexico?

There were something like 6 major softies systems involved to stop that action.

If ONE had been done right or worked (tested even) this would not have happened.

The ban is one part of a checks system.

If its no accessible (like FA generally) then you can't have it a factor.

Stop it, maybe not. Slow it down, minimize it, allow a catch and complete stop, maybe.

Can you prove that the death penalty ever stopped anyone from killing anyone else?

Give me a break.

Quote:
My point was just that I don't feel a leap from bump-stocks bad to semi-autos bad is a logical one because there are apples and oranges, as you guys say...
James: I do get it.

Try to convince the public now that ARs are not assault rifles though. It was failing before, calling the MSA is now a sick joke.

The point is it should be part of a discussion and not ruled out from ownership, but it may be one that you want to have enhanced protocol in place as to ownership.

Fee, tracking, registered.

Page generated in 0.02935 seconds with 8 queries