View Single Post
Old November 24, 2021, 01:51 PM   #7
natman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongCameJones View Post
I'm not an FFL holder but a private individual. Let's say I ship a gun to a buyer's FFL for transfer and the buyer gets denied by his FFL.

I plan to ship via FedEx.

How do I get my gun back?

Can I just deduct the return shipping costs from the money he sends me?
Will FedEx hand me the gun back or will I have to go through my own FFL to get my gun back?

I don't want any money out of my pocket in case the buyer gets denied.

Federal law allows a gun to be returned directly to you if it was sent to the FFL for gunsmithing. Most FFLs will not return a gun directly to you if it was sent to them for a transfer. I sell my guns on a no return basis for just this reason. This is especially true because I live in California, where transfer fees, background check fees and shipping can be near $200.

If you are going to take it back because the buyer was denied, every penny of costs to return it should be on the buyer. Personally I'd let the buyer leave the gun on consignment at the FFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongCameJones View Post
Also, why is it prudent to auction a gun penny-no-reserve? Could that mean I could actually get stuck selling the gun for a penny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLx9pM8p1Sk&t=2203s
Penny auctions will build a lot of interest, but should only be used on something that you are SURE will attract a lot of bidders, like a NIB original Python or mint Model 12 or the like, because you will have to sell the gun for the final price. The idea is to get people emotionally invested in getting the amazing deal it is in the beginning and having them bid it up to a good price to you.

For more ordinary transactions, I'd recommend having an honest soul searching talk with yourself and deciding what's the absolute lowest price you'd accept for the gun. Then start it there.

Page generated in 0.03799 seconds with 8 queries