View Single Post
Old July 27, 2021, 11:47 AM   #11
dgludwig

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm guessing Glock sells a lot more Model 19s than they do Model 17s, and there's likely many good reasons why they do-but reasons that don't apply that much to me. Having both models would be nice and appropriate because each one offers their own unique, if small, advantages (and equally insignificant corresponding disadvantages), but if I could only have one it would doubtless be the more adaptable Model 17.

The only thing the Model 19 has over the 17 is that it's a little smaller and a little lighter (now, I admit, being smaller and lighter can be relatively big assets when carrying a pistol concealed). But the 17 isn't that much bigger or heavier and most people should find it easier to shoot accurately (due to the slightly longer sight radius) and quicker (due to its slightly heavier weight which translates into less recoil and muzzle rise, making the pistol to get off quicker repeat shots). Finally, the 17 has a slightly larger ammunition capacity.

Note that I used the adjectives slightly, insignificant, small, relatively and "that much" a lot because the differences between the two models mean little, practically speaking.

Page generated in 0.02160 seconds with 8 queries