View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 07:12 PM   #76
osageid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ettin View Post
Pretty doubtful. Currently, medical records, including such things as a Medical History form filled out by a patient and made part of the medical chart, for Medicare or Medicaid patients aren't considered government forms.
Actually they are in all practicality, because they have access to them. If they do a chart audit they have access. Whether they will take note of a question regarding guns I am not sure... Hospitals and physicians are regularly audited at times for accrediting for participation to bill Medicare and medicaid. JACO for instance can audit any policy, procedure AND chart if refused you will not receive accreditation therefore won't be able to receive reimbursements for care administered to such patients.

My facility in which I practice is very gun friendly , most of active staff have CCW and even more are gun owners (ex long guns) I am the chairman of Medicine and I regularly train with the SWAT team as the team here has a Medic component and some are even deputized. The scrutiny placed on gun ownership will definitely be based on location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries