View Single Post
Old April 9, 2010, 11:08 PM   #8
marks655

new in-the-white swede mauser barrel - anyone interested (?)

I have a sporterized 1914 CG that shoots 0.75-0.5 MOA all day long. My brother has one, also.

They were built from old '96's when they were selling for $120/each in the early 90's. Bought the rifles and then fitted 'new in the white' military barrels for the shorter M38 (about 24 inches I think). They are the 'stepped' contour, and are very good barrels. Bought 3 of them from SARCO back in the early 90's and have one remaining barrel still in-the-white (unblued in white grease) in a box in my basement. It is plain with no sights. Has some proof marks on the chamber area. The muzzle is not threaded and has a nice sharp crown. They polish-up nice and look good when blued. And as I mentioned above, they shoot well, too.

I have a chronic illness and will never use it. I think I paid something like $30-40 each for them 18 yrs ago but would probably want at least $75 plus shipping for it now.

I don't really care if I sell it - but I noticed a few posts where people were looking for a replacement barrel. It's a 7.5" twist barrel.

MSS

Page generated in 0.03549 seconds with 8 queries