View Single Post
Old February 23, 2009, 07:29 AM   #23
JKHolman

Adam0bomb,
thank goodness you are alive. As to your injuries, physical therapy works wonders. Thank you for sharing your story as a reminder for all to be careful with not only firearms, but all instruments. I, too, fire black powder, and realize the dangers inherent to the craft. It is stories like yours that remind me to always do things by the numbers. This is another reason to make sure the firing piece is always pointed in a safe direction. In that you were loading your firearm, it was necessary to involve your appendages in the line of fire, yet you were careful to have your head (which is still attached to your body) and your friends out of the line of fire. You were being safe under the circumstances (reloading). You did right. Ignore those that judge you unfairly. Life will judge (teach) them on this sooner than they think./// Less than two months back a friend and I were firing his Stag AR-15 (a really beautiful rifle). Having passed the rifle to me, he went to the bench to load a new magazine. I kept the rifle pointing downrange as is my natural inclination. Thinking the ammunition expended, I pulled the trigger to confirm that the chamber was empty. Much to my surprise, the rifle discharged, BUT in a safe direction. AND that is why we always do things by the numbers, so when there is a mishap, it is not fatal. Good luck to you, Adam0bomb.

- JKHolman

Page generated in 0.02792 seconds with 8 queries