View Single Post
Old December 17, 2013, 10:27 PM   #34
skizzums

my first gun was a budget 9mm budget dao(double action only), i dont recommend going that route for your first gun, very hard to train with and shoot accurately due to the long trigger pull and lightweight

second gun, a full size 9mm striker fired(glock style)pistol, much better to learn on

third, taurus 357 605 poly protector revolver, by far the easieast gun i have ever shot and in my opinion the safest, i prefer to shoot 38spl with it and my wife and i are both very accurate with it, she was really bad with the first gun btw

i like 9mm ALOT and can shoot them confidently now, but if i could go back i would have started with the revolver, even if its a 9mm revolver like the taurus 905

please dont let your buddies sell you on the 9mmdoesnthavethestoppingpower bullcrap, i cant tell you exacty what percentage of murders and SD situations were pulled off with the 9, but as a paramedic, i can tell you its just about all of them, and they kill just fine i promise

ps, i like to shoot 22s but ammo is still hard to find and i dont really feel it is a realistic training gun, it will teach the basic mechanics of a gun, but not representational of the techniques needed to shoot an actual centerfire pistol, in my opinion anyways

Last edited by skizzums; December 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.03295 seconds with 8 queries