View Single Post
Old November 17, 2012, 12:56 AM   #19
FrankenMauser

The current "Sportsman's Act of 2012" (S. 3525) seeks, among other things, to amend the Pittman-Robertson Act to create provisions for shooting range acquisition, expansion, and construction by states using some Pittman-Robertson funds; but fails to address the sequestration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman's Act of 2012
Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act - Amends the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act to:
(1) authorize a state to pay up to 90% of the costs of acquiring land for, expanding, or constructing a public target range;
(2) authorize a state to elect to allocate 10% of a specified amount apportioned to it from the federal aid to wildlife restoration fund for such costs;
(3) limit the federal share of such costs under such Act to 90%; and
(4) require amounts provided for such costs under such Act to remain available for expenditure and obligation for five fiscal years.
The bill is scheduled for a vote in the Senate on November 26, 2012.

This may be a good opportunity to get your opinion out to your Senator(s), while another Pittman-Robertson issue is on the table. The NRA's "Write Your Representatives" tool is an easy place to start.

Don't hesitate to contact your Representatives, either. The bill seems likely to pass the Senate without much opposition.
(I need to find out why one of my Senators voted against letting it advance. It makes me wonder if I missed something important.)

Page generated in 0.03876 seconds with 8 queries