View Single Post
Old October 14, 2012, 10:06 AM   #1
AUG

bought my first bad glock

While I have been a Glock fan at times over the last 15yrs due to a high degree of reliability I must now pass on my latest experience which was quite poor.

I bought a new gen3 G19 manufactured in 08/2012. I wanted a gen4 due to the much improved grip (I hate the stupid hump) but passed because of so many gen4's having problems. Unkown to me at the time the new gen3 9mm's have also developed problems.

I took my new gen3 g19 to the range to start my 500rd reliability test I do to all carry guns. About 10rds into the first mag I got plunked on the top of the head. In the second mag one round made it about 6 inches out of the pistol and landed on my right wrist and another one shot out to the 9:00 position. I didn't even know that can happen. Needless to say this kept up at a pace of ~2 rds per magazine. I quit at 250rds. There were no malfunctions just brass in a 180 degree arch behind me and at my feet.

If I had not been wearing glasses and a boonie hat I would have been burned several times. While on the range this is a nuisance in a real shooting it could cost your life if one took hot brass to the eye and while some gun nerds may wear shooting glasses and a boonie hat as daily attire I don't.

I did my internet research and found that new glock gen3's are having many of the same problems as the gen4's. I called glock to get the updated extractor and ejector and the moron on the phone said nothing is wrong with the gen3's. I told him several hundred people on the net disagree. I asked him to send the updated parts. He refused. I told him I was a glock armorer and he then said he would send the parts but they won't help since nothing is wrong with the gen3 guns.

The dufus sent a new extractor and ejector but they were not the new parts. They were the crap parts that are causing the problem to begin with.

Luckily the gunshop bought the gun back and I only lost $15 on the whole deal.

The only redeaming quality of glocks imo was reliability. Without that I see no reason to own one.

Just passing on info to others. MIM parts have destroyed many gun makers and it appears this new MIM extractor may cost glock some customers.

Page generated in 0.04031 seconds with 8 queries