View Single Post
Old July 22, 2012, 03:46 PM   #71
JN01

Do I really need to explain why a 100 round drum magazine would make it far easier to shoot large numbers of people in a short amount of time?
(Yes, explain how a drum magazine would be FAR EASIER than multiple 20 or 30 round magazines that can be changed in a fraction of a second.)

Is it really necessary for 100 round magazines to be legal, knowing that its inevitable someone is going to come along and use them for this purpose, considering they have no other useful purpose? (So if there is one chance in thousands that something might be misused, it should be banned? Since an untold number of drum magazines have been sold and haven't been used to commit mass murder, apparently somebody found a useful purpose for them.) Yeah I get they arent very reliable or effective, (So if that's true, why did you want to ban them again?)but thats kind of irrelevant when people look at the possible intended uses of them and wonder why they are legal.(Some people wonder that all the time about guns of all types.)

These excesses discredit those of us who enjoy firearms (Many of us see a civil rights/freedom issue, not an issue of protecting a "hobby")without adopting some rigid ideological position on all gun control that defies common sense (I've seen very few gun control measures that DON'T defy common sense.)and human decency.(So magazines that hold over an arbitrarily selected number of rounds are an affront to HUMAN DECENCY? Really? What, are they up there with slavery and child molestation?)

Page generated in 0.03062 seconds with 8 queries