View Single Post
Old April 14, 2008, 07:37 PM   #31
rb4browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns
there is no reason to read my post and think I was talking to you. The question was legit as is my answer
Quote:
Because it teaches error, especially to people who don't know the difference. I've lived in this city since 1968, and many of my clients are cops. Most of them are surprised that I'm a patch holder.

To that, what most people know about bikers come TV and the movies. Unless you've done something to threaten or antagonize a biker you are simply wallpaper. When I go a biker shop I don't "see" the citizens kicking tires.

And, of course, you could be dead wrong.

I was standing next to my bike once and I heard the sound of about fifty bikes with straight pipes. Out of nowhere came the wildest bunch of guys riding choppers you could imagine--right down to tons of chrome and tattoos.

As they sped by me, I saw their rags. They were CMA.

As you can well imagine, many younger guys come here. Chasing beer cans with a 1911 pistol is loads of fun. But let's not mislead them.

Some guys are going to read this read and unsnap their CCW pistols every time they see a customized Harley.
See Bill's definition of "hinkiness" and you will understand the context of my answer. Many, if not most bikers are lawyers and such trying to live out rebel fantasies on $40000 motorcycles, I understand that.

I also have known many black folks who dress in baggy clothes who are not in gangs.

The point is that dress is one factor I use in sizing up people. I'm really not worried (nor should you be) that the gentle readers of this forum will suddenly become gripped with terror at the sight of a harley riding dude because they read my post.

Cheers.

Last edited by rb4browns; April 14, 2008 at 08:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.02316 seconds with 8 queries