View Single Post
Old August 16, 2007, 10:16 AM   #29
mikejonestkd

Followup:

Spent some time with two students that are fairly talented with the MA's and handy with firearms. none of us are firearms experts but most of us shoot handguns fairly well.

We used a few simple squirt guns, my son refused to give up his supersoaker 9000xlt death ray.

Range: 4-6 feet, anything farther away and almost anyone could avoid the stream of water due to the low velocity.
air temp: room temp
water temp: as cold as we could get out of the drinking fountain
Wind: we were inside, not a factor...
shooters were right handed
roughly facing the intended victim squarely, arm extended.

rules: the assailant tried to shoot the victim as soon as he could AFTER the victim started to move, the victim could move to their left or right and did not tell the shooter before hand which direction they were could to move to.

For the victim; in every trial if you move to your left ( the assailant's right ) you were less likely to get a full blast of water. moving to the right was much better than just standing there but they still caught more of the water stream from the squirt gun than if they moved to their left.

For the shooter: all mentioned that it was harder to track to the right than to the left and accurately get the shot on target.

Clearly it is apparent that any movement is MUCH better than standing there and getting shot, but there seems to be some truth to move to the outside of the assailant's gun hand.

I guess it is time to buy a few airsoft guns and do some more testing.

my students are going to love it!!!

Page generated in 0.02845 seconds with 8 queries