View Single Post
Old July 9, 2007, 07:46 PM   #24
black bear 84

Jason_G,

I have both lights, there is no difference in lumen output to my eyes, I just checked the reflectors and they are exactly the same, the bulb is the same for both and for the Scorpion.

I don't know why they have different ratings, but take them with a grain of salt. They are "bulb" lumens ratings which don’t take into account the losses in the reflector and by the reflection of the lens.
Surefire is the only one of the big companies that will quote you "torch" lumens, (Because they put the flashlight in the Integrated Sphere Spectrometer) all the others take the lumens figure from the manufacturer of the bulb.

Both lights have the same measurements and they are exactly the same except for the almost smooth surface of the night fighter II.
The night fighter comes with a positioning ring and short clip and lanyard; this is to use the Rogers-Surefire hold on the light (or the cigar hold as some call it).

I promptly lost my ring in favor of a Velcro covering that I use to place the light in my baseball hat or hunting cap, so this picture of my light reflects that.

cheers
Black Bear
e-mail [email protected]

Page generated in 0.02153 seconds with 8 queries