View Single Post
Old February 22, 2007, 12:52 PM   #17
TampaJim

Ebay grips

Funny, I bought grips from that guy for my Hi Power. "Browning Hi-Power Exotic Rosewood Grips New Smooth Set". The auction picture looked great and the listing stated "THIS set never been mounted".
I guess that meant the set in the picture, not the set I was buying, because when I received them, they looked like they were finished by an apprentice as practice.
-The screw holes were ragged and out-of-round, like they were carved with an awl instead of drilled.
-On one panel there were scratches in the wood around the screw hole that appeared to be beneath the finish.
-On that same panel, near the screw hole, there was a fingerprint smudge in the finish where they touched it before it was dry.
-On the other panel, there was a long (maybe 2 in.) scratch. It was light and not real obvious, but it was there.

On the other hand, the grip panels fit the pistol extremely well. Nice tight tolerances, no clearance issues. So, the blanks are well made, but the finish?...........

I sent an email explaining my dissatisfaction and asked to return them in exchange for another set. Received a reply from the from the seller that said:
"Sure" (that's it) and a return address. After I mailed them back, I waited 2 weeks and sent another email asking if they had received the return and sent out the replacements. Received no reply, so after another week, I sent an email asking about the status. Received a reply the next day and all it said was "A full Paypal refund was issued." I never bothered to leave feedback, because I really don't think it matters to them anyway..

So, althought this seller was very slow to reply, ultimately a happy ending.
Except that I am still looking for some reasonably priced, good looking, wood grips for my Hi Power.........

Jim

Page generated in 0.04929 seconds with 8 queries