View Single Post
Old August 26, 2005, 08:25 PM   #4
bugmantrap

questions aplenty

Carbine, sorry I was not clear, actually, Iwas ranting so much I forgot to ask. Feds tick me off and I get started LOL.
Nobody seems to know where this disease came from or even what it is.Some say it is caused ny a spongi as in mad cow and some say it is viral. Has it been established which it is yet?. I was hopeing to get some response from people in the states where it is the most prevelant. Does culling the herds in areas where it has been found, work to stop the spread? Have any states other than the two I mentioned,banned the importation of deer shot by sportsmen in another state? If so ,did this prove to help eradicate the disease?
The Dept of Fisheries and Wildlife is having a meeting open to the public the 6th of Sept. I intend to attend and would like to go as well informed as possible. The banning of the deer killed in NY effectively stops my hunting in that State as I refuse to pay 60.00 to have a deer butchered especially considering other deer killed in that state would be processed next to mine. duh does cross contamination come to mind. Add insult to injury, Oneida County borders no state that has insituted the bans.
My two cents trapper

Page generated in 0.02971 seconds with 8 queries