View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Mike / Tx

Quote:
Thanks Mike, good stuff. So from your post I guess I have to cut a shell in half and compare it to the chart to know what I have?Nope you don't have to cut anything down. It will have a representation of each brand and each of the most popular hulls of that brand so all you need to do is compare say a Fed Upland Game shell to the one in the book. They will either be paper based, compression formed or there is one other one that I can't think of. For the most part stick with the compression formed hulls for longer use.

Would it also be true that 1 1/8oz of shot would be treated the same regardless of size? Yes, the shot bushings will only alloy a cetain amount of shot to fall into them. If your using #4 or #9 the same bushing will apply.
Which powder charge and shot weights will be listed in a chart produced by the press manufacturer. You simply look on the chart for the powder type and the weight of shot, and use the properly listed ones for that particular load.

What I did was pick out two loads one light and one heavy and then cross referenced the most powders listed for the fewest bushings which would allow me to load either with a couple of different powders.

Once you get your hands on a shot shell manual, you will see what I am talking about, and it will be MUCH easier to understand.

Page generated in 0.02010 seconds with 8 queries