View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 02:14 PM   #31
treg

Quote:
"This holster due to its forward cant, will balance a 1911 with a full magazine better than the vertical position, avoiding the top heavy feel. With the holster canted, the weight is distributed on its vertically axis, and will balance on your hip better."
Very nice.

The problem I have / see with most forward cant holsters is that the gun must be pulled forward or vertical at best to get it out. I prefer the ability to draw with a rearward motion or rock if you will. Try to do Bill Jordans exercise of placing a flash bulb on the back of your hand above the holster and draw quick enough for the ball to drop into the holster with most forward cant holsters. I see this as especialy important for civilian carry as we cannot draw until we're in imminent danger which could put the BG very close or on top of us. A rearward, defensive draw could be vital in keeping the gun out of BG's hands and allowing its use.

Page generated in 0.03255 seconds with 8 queries