View Single Post
Old August 14, 2011, 08:45 AM   #8
JerryM

I have used Fobus paddle holsters for at least 15 years. I have used them primarily as range holsters. I have 1911, J-Frame, and Glock holsters.
I have seen the videos of a guy breaking one off his buddy's belt. I wonder why anyone would just stand and let another run up to him and grab his gun and holster.

I asked a friend to try to break mine off with a jerk, and he was not able to do it. Sure if the rivets rust it would break, but it is more rugged than the video indicates.

I would not want to carry a 1911, or other large gun in one as a CC holster as it does not hold the gun as close and tight to the body as I believe necessary.

My usual carry is a KT P3AT in a Fobus paddle holster. It works fine, and although I have leather holsters I like the paddle best for my on/off use.
I do not use a Fobus as a CC holster for anything else other than the P3AT.

In general there are much better holsters for CC, but if a Fobus works for you then try it. You are not out a lot of money. I do not like a paddle for all day use as the paddle never fits just right against my body, and that also goes for the quality kydex paddles.

Regards,
Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Page generated in 0.03724 seconds with 8 queries