View Single Post
Old June 21, 2011, 09:14 AM   #10
Skans

Quote:
i was really hoping that i could get away with a 5k lower,
Any registered M16's (with or without barreled upper) and registered DIAS are now selling for well over $10,000. You might be able to find a lightning link in the $7,000 - $8,000 range.

Full Autos selling in the $5,000 range are subguns like Grease guns, Stemples, M76,s M10's, etc.

The cheapest .223 full auto will be a basic AC556 (basically full-auto mini-14) - starting price for those is somewhere around $6,500.

Full Auto FNC's are selling for about $7,500+

These prices are rough estimates.

You might be able to use your corporation, but a Trust is better for the long run (as laws stand right now) because there are no state annual renewal fees. Do yourself a favor, get a lawyer who knows how to do these trusts to do one for you - folks claim they have had them done for $300. You might be able to do it yourself, but if you screw it up, 1) it might not get approved; 2) it could be a problem later on; 3) if/when you die it could be a big problem for your heirs.

I thought that a number of Sheriffs in Louisiana would still sign-off on a Form 4. If your Sheriff will sign a Form 4, then that is still (in my opinion) the best way to go. If the gun is registered to you, it will be nearly impossible for some stupid future law to restrict your right to actually shoot it (I am not saying that there is, or will be such a law - just some "chatter" out there about NFA loopholes, etc.)

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries