View Single Post
Old October 11, 1999, 06:52 AM   #1
longhair

While on a very peaceful pilgrimage to the hills of the Ozarks the wife and I got to do a little shooting at a range the fed's had built, that's right the fed's. Very nice range. I shot my S&W 19A shotgun w/ some Federal 3" rifled slugs and was very happy w/ them. Average 3 shot group at a 100 yards ranged from 1 1/2" - 2 1/2". needless to say I was very pleased w/ the preformance of the Federal slugs.
Marlin 336 30/30 had a average of 2 - 3+" @ 200 yard w/ Remington 150 gr. Core-Lokt SP.
good enough I thought.
Ruger 10/22 shooting Vipers was fun @ a 100 yards. We had run through what we had brought for targets and started shooting @ pieces of some clay birds somebody had been shooting. Don't really know what kind of grouping it would have been, but the wife and I were always close to the pieces w/ an occasional hit. At 200 yards we really couldn't see where we were hitting, seeing as we forgot the binoculars. Needless to say we had a ball..
Oh yeah, also tried some Agulia 22 "super maximum" that I had bought at a gun show. They weren't bad. Not quite as accurate as the Vipers in my rifle, and had a few squibs, at least it sounded like it, but all in all not bad...
------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited October 11, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.05058 seconds with 8 queries