View Single Post
Old January 8, 2010, 07:15 AM   #3
D-Man

Kind of a bump here, as I'm interested to see if others have thoughts about this. I own a HK45c, and have owned a 1911, though unfortunately never did an A/B comparison at the range with both.

The HK45c is more along the lines of a 1.5 stack meaning that it's definitely not a single stack, but it isn't as thick as a double stack .45. With a 1911 you have much more grip options to get it to perfectly fit your hand. The HK does have the back straps you can change out, but that's about it (other than throwing a Hogue Handall over it).

The commander sized 1911 should be thinner to carry.

The recoil in the HK45c is not bad at all. While it may be a lighter gun, the recoil buffer and polymer construction may tend to even things out when comparing it against a 1911.

A few other random comments to think of:

- The Champion comes stock with night sights. The HK would need to have them installed aftermarket which can be pricy.
- The HK offers a multitude of trigger options - are you looking at the standard DA/SA model?
- The Champion has a bull bushing which I am not familiar with using. Some people tend not to like this setup - you'll need to know if it's OK with you.

Page generated in 0.03400 seconds with 8 queries