View Single Post
Old October 9, 2009, 08:04 AM   #15
Magnum Wheel Man

I pretty much agree with most of the last couple posts... I certainly don't have any intention of doing "only" FOF training ( I have over 40 calibers I load for, & shoot, in a multitude of different formats... I'm not going to mothball 99% of the guns that I own & shoot... that & I actually enjoy reloading & developing new loads, & shooting those in everything from long range rifles & specialty handguns, to side by side 22 rim fire spinner battles with friends ), but recreational shooting is really where "all" my exprience has come from... I'm not a particularly good shot, but still enjoy it, & seem to get better everytime... ( in a confrontation, Jerry / or a similar competitor, they could easily shoot me before I even came close to getting my gun out of the holster ), but that doesn't mean I'm not still wanting to improve, & continue shooting for both enjoyment & training... I agree with what the previous poster stated about bad guys & shooting... most of them are idiots, & some of the hardened ones wouldn't bat an eye at shooting someone, & have been shot at, while they did it... to go back to the old west gun fighter thing, alot of shots went off the mark, but the cold steely eye & the ( either over confidence of a full of them self fighter ), or the steely nerves of of expirience often won out ( or the guy that plain just shot the seasoned shooter in the back anyway I think the FOF training offers a different facet of shooting than any of us have done in the past, & offers all of us a chance to develope & improve those in grained skills one falls back on, in a high stress real life situation...

I am pushing forward with the air soft idea, I & most of my group of shooting buddys are middle age profressionals, every one is carrying most everyday, we live in a small town, & generally have a low risk life style, we are not lacking in common sense, or the money or proper locations to hold training... I think all FOF training guns will be manditory blaze orange, some senerios will take place "on the farm", some in my warehouse at work, but none of the FOF training will take place in open public areas, or on the shooting range, we are capable of developing our own "incedents", evaluating & improving on them as we go, one buddy is a state inspector, one a hazard anyalisis inspector for a large utility, I run a food ingredient factory, & am capable ( & done ) of developing my own HACCP, Quality, SOP, GMP programs, evaluating their effectiveness & maintaining them, setting up similar guidelines for our FOF traning seems like a piece of cake if you have any understanding of what kinds of paperwork, hazard anaylisis, & documetation are involved in my industry...

Page generated in 0.03721 seconds with 8 queries