View Single Post
Old February 24, 2008, 07:38 AM   #6
FerFAL

The question would be, if you are serious about self defense as you obviously are, why carry a 5 shot revolver to begin with?

If you are used to fire doubles with your auto, try carrying the 6 shot revolver at least, so as to simplify things in terms of the “software” in your head ( you know you have 2 double taps , not 2 and ½)

Loves revolvers ( recently bought a nice S&W 12-2 Airweigt) but I cant consider them a wise alternative as my main gun, not when you have extremely reliable autos that have 15+1 rounds that are just as easy to carry.

For whatever reason, if a 5-shot is what you have, I’d be cautious about the amount of ammo I’m firing ( not something I’d like to do when defending my life, but well...)
Against a single attacker, two to the chest and one to the head if the head is still in vertical position.
Against two, I’d go for two shots each, and if I think there could be more than just two ( there’s generally one around that is not directly involved in the crime but keeping an eye on things, in case cops show up) I’d go for one shot each until they are down... or until I run out of ammo…

Quote:
assuming I've done my job, leaves 3 bad guys down, & if there is a 4th to engage, no one would have heard a hammer drop on an empty cylinder, so even if I happen to be carrying one of the 5 shot revolvers & my revolver is empty, the bad guy doesn't know that, & a command like "freeze or die", or "drop your weapon or die", may be all thats needed, especially if you've already piled up 3 of thier buddies
PLEASE, don’t count on that. If he has a gun he will shoot, SPECIALLY with 3 guys dead around him.

FerFAL

Page generated in 0.03720 seconds with 8 queries