Thread: Trespassing...
View Single Post
Old April 30, 2005, 12:16 AM   #46
USP45usp

eka,

You're right, I guess that you've lived here before, knowing that Lane County covers about 500 miles, with about 6 or so deputies.

You see eka, we are of different "stock". I'm guessing you're city, while I am country. I can't afford to have everything stolen or broken that I have in the back to wait an hour or more for someone to show up to "save the day". If you can, more power to you. I can't.

Sure, I could "go and hide" but why should I? You see, in the country you don't have all those good things like LEO's showing up within 10 to 20 minutes, not to mention that if they are in my yard, it's not to ask for a cup of sugar, they are out with ill intent.

You see eka, maybe before you get into thinking that everyplace is the same as where you are and everyone should do as you would, you sit back and rethink the fact that not everyone has the same options as you.

You see eka, if any of those people are in my yard I know that they are here for doing me harm. They've already told me that they would do so if they got the chance (I guess they get pissed off when I call the LEO's on them) and in this state, in which we are still fighting for our Rights, we have NO duty to retreat. You know, we have the Right to actually protect our selves as well as our property. And I believe in that.

Now, getting back to the original post, if someone that I didn't know was in my yard, I have no desire to "blast away" at them. In fact, I will be the one coming out to offer help if needed and to inquire why they are in the yard. If I get the response that most people would give, I will be willing to help them out any way I can, I've already proven that. If they are here for ill intent, there is no way that I can make it to my door and close it before they are on me and I don't think that yanking out my cell and start to dial 911 is going to scare them off.

So, with trespassers, I go out armed with both gun and cell. If they need help they are more then welcome to my phone, if not, I am not willing to try to snivel back into my abode and await help that maybe minutes, or hours away.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.04139 seconds with 8 queries