View Single Post
Old August 17, 2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Reloader2

1st loads on the Lee Classic turret press

I put the new press to use with some 9mm materials. I set up the auto disk measure to throw 4.0 grains of Titegroup to put behind a Berry's 115 grain round nose bullet.

The brass is some FC cases that were purchased as once fired. I sized them when I got them and cleaned the primer pockets. As they were already sized I primed them with my RCBS hand primer as it was quicker than trying to figure out the Lee safety prime. As this was my first attempt with the auto disk in this press I weighed several charges before proceeding with the actual loading and weighed several of the metered charges while doing the actual loading. Most of the charges were right on 4.0 grains on the RCBS digital scale with none going over. The lowest was 3.8 grains.

One thing I did notice was there was some variation in the individual case weights. More than I would expect. OAL of loaded rounds was consistently on the only at
1.104 inches.

I'm a novice with the pistol reloading and my previous loads were up to 4.5 grains so I'm hoping this load will cycle the M9 okay. All of The loaded rounds fiT easily into the cartridge gauge.

A quick dumb question. Is there anyThing to be gained if I were to seat the bullets out a bit more? If so what would be a good OAL to shoot for with these bullets?
All in all, not a bad first go and I can see where this machine can be a time saver down the road.

Page generated in 0.02738 seconds with 8 queries