View Single Post
Old August 10, 2013, 05:26 PM   #24
Metal god

When I say chrome linre the gas key and carrier . Mean the interior of both not the exterior

Fact : chrome lining reduces wear and keeps carbon and fouling from sticking to the metal . This helps with cleaning as well ( # of rounds is for reference only ) Example : a chrome lined bore will shoot 5000 more rounds then a non chrome lined bore . This would not be true if chrome lining increased wear .

As for warranty , I would agree that it would depend on the manufacturer but if you replaced the barrel . I would think that would void your warranty.
Putting a free float rail might void it . Let say you put a YHM rail on there that needs it's own proprietary barrel nut for installation . That might void the warranty cus you removed the original barrel nut and replaced it . Now the torque may be wrong that could cause other problems . I would ask the company first before doing any major over hauls . I think you will find that unless the barrel splits in two or your receivers blow apart . It's easier to just fix the problem your self . It will take at least two weeks to have your rifle fixed for a 3 min $2 hammer spring problem . I did send a rifle back for a new disconnect and hammer . At the time I was not sure what the problem was but the rifle was shooting 3 and 4 round burst . That was one of those thing I thought the manufacturer should deal with .

On a side note , I'm glad your here . It seems you were fed some real incorrect info . This forum is one of the best if not the best forum to get the right answers on any firearm issue . If some one says something that is not true here. There will be 10 posters behind him correcting the issue . The best part about that is the mods make sure it stays civil .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; August 10, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.04350 seconds with 8 queries