View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 08:55 PM   #22
Beretta686

Quote:
All of the fighting talk is nonsense
Indeed, but from my entirely cynical, unprofessional observations of people at the range, it's much sexier imagining yourself a noble 21st Century Minute-Man ready to mount the ramparts of freedom, then facing the fact you're a middle-aged, somewhat over-weight balding man who has to ask his wife for permission to buy a new gun.

Quote:
With the gang activity going unchecked across America, I can envision scenarios where an AR might be the deciding factor.
Unless you're involved in the drug trade, I doubt MS-13, Los Zetas or anyone else is going to launch a full-scale frontal assault upon your house requiring an AR-15. Besides most gang-bangers are like Iraqis and will flee as soon as you shoot back. So though I can envision it, I have trouble seeing a sequence of events where you're going to be fighting off a whole "set" of gangbangers (according to one of my Soldiers, "set" is the hip new term for "crew" or "possy". Some 411 for when you're talking to your kids).

Though I must confess I do have some tin-foil on my head, as I do keep a loaded 30 round mag in my gunsafe next to my 10.5 inch AR, with EoTech, tactical-flashlight, KX-3 and bad-ass sling. But that's for the Zombocalypse.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.03966 seconds with 8 queries