View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 02:31 PM   #6
Sevens

I will second the notion that the bottom-priced Win White Box .44 Mag, 240-gr JSP loads are outrageously harsh. I have worked up some very harsh 240gr JHP handloads with Nosler bullets and a heavy dose of Alliant 2400 and they do all that you can ask from a .44 Mag and a 240gr JHP, and they seem to be NO MORE HARSH than those damn WWB rounds.

Advice: if you are looking to try a different powder, get some Alliant 2400 rather than Lil'Gun. Lil'Gun has gained a reputation for serious erosion. I'll suggest you do a google search on the effects of Lil'Gun on big bore revolvers.

I do NOT have any personal evidence to share, I don't know if it's limited to big bore guns, if it's limited to revolvers, and NO, I don't know how accurate the rumors are, I absolutely suggest that you don't take my word for it but do your own research.

Alliant 2400 is a fine powder for .44 Magnum.

Page generated in 0.02107 seconds with 8 queries