View Single Post
Old July 20, 2012, 01:08 AM   #10
ronz

Well got it back together I left it as a tight fit by the first inch or two of the barrel and sanded by the sides of the receiver so it doesn’t make any contact with the wood
It looked good between the forearm and front stock just needed a shim to get the forearm off the rear sight base but not when I tried it with a feeler gauge so more work
The forearm slid in real easy so I’m going to try to pull the end cap off the forearm and shim it so it’s a little tighter before I sand (think tightening it up might be enough)
Also the barrel is touching the nose cap tried adjusting the rear screw but couldn’t get it right figure I should replace the Forend Stud Spring. I could only find them at Numrich but think they are used parts http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...190&catid=5830 and really don’t want to order a spring that’s more compressed than what is in there now anyone know if I can get something at ace or another place locally? or online? If I can’t correct it with a new spring the other options I know about would be to shim the barrel so it has constant pressure on the nose cap or drill out the nose cap anyone have any experience with either method? Still haven’t found the torque specs

Page generated in 0.03032 seconds with 8 queries