View Single Post
Old August 17, 2011, 01:21 AM   #9
bitttorrrent

Yes, thanks for the clarification...A. Blanca. I do own the house and I will print out the sections you highlighted when I talk to the Sheriff.

The house is an 1850's farm house we saw driving thru a little town called New Troy - near Sawyer, Mi. Its only a few miles from the beach, but have a few acres of our land that looks out on 40 acres of wetlands. I have restored the house from its gutted and abandoned condition. It is the mill house for the mill down the street by the galien river.

And I have not seen a cougar/mountain lion, but there have been sightings and I saw a paw print in the snow season before last that was not a coyote - it was a cat print. Not that I would want to shoot one, but if it was trying to eat my 2yr old son, it would be gone.

And just for general protection. We are out in the dark and everyone else in MI seems to have a gun or shotgun around, so I think I should have at least a shotgun.

I might buy my Dad's Remington 1100 because he does not use it, or just buy a new one. He just got a new Taurus judge rifle that shoots .45lc and .410 shotgun shells. Pretty smooth shooting gun. Not sure if I should call it a shotgun or rifle.

Last edited by bitttorrrent; August 17, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.03759 seconds with 8 queries