View Single Post
Old March 12, 2009, 11:08 AM   #11
pax

Ben Towe ~

You've been here less than a week, don't know the history of the website, and really haven't had time to absorb the culture here. You might want to slow down a little bit and consider absorbing a little bit of the culture before telling us how we're doing everything wrong.

Or -- move along and find a site run more to your liking. Truly and I'm not at all being snarky or trying to run you off. The thing is, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of firearms discussion sites, and they all have a slightly different culture from one another. You've found an aspect of TFL culture you disapprove of: it makes you unhappy that we work so hard at keeping the forums firmly on topic rather than a more loose, freewheeling style common at other sites. I'm sorry you're unhappy, but it's not going to change. We'll continue to close off-topic posts and to keep the discussion firmly focused on our core mission.

Such poor fits do happen, and the only real answer is to move along. Again, not trying to run you off, and would be perfectly happy if you stayed, but hanging out in a discussion forum is supposed to be fun. If the site you just found doesn't suit you and isn't fun, the only sensible thing to do is to move along until you find one that is fun and does suit you.

Since you're a new member and haven't made a bit investment here yet, before you invest any more emotional energy in TFL, you should move on and find a more freewheeling site to enjoy. We'll still be here if you change your mind and want to come back later.

pax

Page generated in 0.02463 seconds with 8 queries