View Single Post
Old January 6, 2013, 10:00 PM   #1
vito

What I just wrote to my U.S. legislators

I am a political independent, who supports candidates, not political parties. There are many issues that I am concerned with, but none more than the preservation of American liberty.

Despite the tragedy of what happened in Newtown, CN recently, we do not need new gun control laws. The types of laws being discussed would do nothing to stop madmen from committing mayhem, and as a voter I will never support any legislator who seeks to restrict or take away my 2nd Amendment rights.

Should the Biden commission propose, and the Congress seek to pass laws that would stop me from owning the guns of my choice, or would establish a national registry of guns or gun owners, or which uselessly would try to dictate things like the capacity of magazines for semi automatic guns, I will support with my vote and money whoever opposes such laws. Sadly what the NRA Executive Director said is true, it takes a good man with a gun to stop a bad man with a gun. I will not ever support, and will vigorously oppose, any legislator or politician who seeks to make it harder or impossible for me to be ready as that good man with a gun should I ever need to be.

Protect freedom. Enforce current federal firearms laws. We do not need nor will we accept new restrictions on the 2nd Amendment.

Page generated in 0.04896 seconds with 8 queries