Thread: when to pull?
View Single Post
Old April 29, 2012, 12:54 AM   #21
briandg

Quote:
Give me your money or I will physically attack you.
(i draw my gun)

Quote:
"don't make me kill you."
When a person threatens me with physical harm, he has threatened a person whose arthritis and joint problems preclude normal means of self defense.

What are my choices? Giving him the money is irrelevant, because the threat of violence is already there. I don't know if he is a man of honor who will walk off with my wallet and not hurt me. He's a bad guy, so I expect he will be a BIG FAT LIAR.

so, leaving out a whole lot of "what ifs" and arguing, once I genuinely believe I am probably going to be attacked, the weapon comes out. Once that person makes any sort of move that makes me believe that I am about to be attacked and maybe killed or seriously injured,

I WILL SHOOT HIM, AND EVERYBODY IN SIGHT THAT IS WITH HIM THAT PRESENTS THE SAME THREAT.

This isn't a movie, it's not a script, and I'm not james bond. If someone puts my life in danger, I'm not going to bargain with him, argue, threaten, or waste even one second stalling. If I say "put down the knife or I'll shoot you" in about seconds the knife will be on the ground. either he'll drop it, or I'll shoot him.

Then, I will tell the cops that i was in danger, and I did the only thing that was certain to keep me from getting hurt. Hopefully, I will not be prosecuted.

Oh, and if he has a gun? I will most likely shoot him as soon as he points it at me.

Page generated in 0.03913 seconds with 8 queries