View Single Post
Old April 10, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1
fervelfarr

Old carbine 22 FN Herstal

Dear forum members: I am new to this forum and this is my first statement, please ask your help in locating the year of manufacture of a carbine 22 that I inherited from my grandfather (who died in 1924), therefore must have been made before that year.
The information I can provide are:
- Registration at the top of the barrel: FACTORY - NATIONALE - HERSTAL - LIEGE - BELGIQUE.
- Registration at the bottom of the canyon, near the camera (I assume is the serial number): 123002
- Registration section at the top of the camera: BREVETE (SGDG).
- As a very simple mechanism carbine (bolt, single shot, rifled barrel) is in good operation and maintenance.
- Its appearance is equal to the FN Herstal Model 1912 in the aspect of the bolt, chamber, barrel and stock (including registration), made in 1933, but this year can not respond to my carbine.
Another aid is for replace missing piece (or pieces) to facilitate removal of the empty case, which I think should stay in a channel in the bottom of the camera, please appreciate information from anyone who knows the shape and characteristics of this piece to try to solve this problem.
Thanking you in advance for your kind response.
Sincerely,
Fernando Velarde

Page generated in 0.03644 seconds with 8 queries