View Single Post
Old May 27, 2008, 12:16 PM   #97
threegun

Quote:
None of the pro-mousegun side is griping about what the others carry, or insulting their choices, or trying to convince them how wrong they are, etc.
We aren't trying to convince the pro mousegun guys that they are wrong as much as influence folks on the fence to choose bigger than a mouse when possible.

I understand you perfectly David. I just disagree with you. Its hard to prove on paper of course but I feel a larger caliber could have swayed events in many shoot outs. Thats why I love your use of stats but only to an extent. There is a point were factors like a bullets ability to penetrate deeply and smash bones could have weighted heavier on the outcome. I know of 3 semi personal events were caliber might have changed the outcome. One I posted earlier.....had the bad guy hit the good lady with a heavier caliber (than a 22lr) she might have missed or been less accurate in her return fire. #2 My uncle, many moons ago, fired 3 rounds through the front door of his home at a man breaking his door down. The 38 special rounds penetrated the solid core door and struck the bad guy ending the attack. A 22 or 25 may not have been able to do so. #3 A friend visiting Miami for a family wedding got lost in the Liberty City area. While stopped at a light (pinned in by front and back traffic) a bad guy broke the passenger window with a pipe. My friend fired a single round through the metal between the front passenger door and rear glass. The round penetrated the metal and entered the bad guys lung ending the attack and allowing my friend and his wife to escape to call police. Could the 22 or 25 round have done the same? Here I have 3 semi personal examples were caliber might have effected the outcome. Yet I'm supposed to believe that caliber isn't a bigger deal than you and your stats indicate.

Quote:
Once again your inability to understand basic statistcal analysis, much less actually use statistics in an informed manner, shows itself. Sigh.
Again I understand you. I understand the stats. I just disagree. I also understand that a 22lr or 25acp fired from a pistol will not penetrate an 11/2 of solid wood (my uncles 38 did). I understand the difference in pain between having a round bounce off your bone compared to having a broken bone (could have effected #1). Considering most of the time I spend out and about is either in a restaurant/other store or in my car it is nice to have some ability to penetrate.

Stats are great but the real life around me seems to suggest that bigger is better as it relates to the mouse vs full sized carry gun calibers.

Page generated in 0.04993 seconds with 8 queries