View Single Post
Old April 17, 2000, 12:47 PM   #1
westvirginia

I am new to reloading but already have acquired a Lee loadmaster (progressive) and a Hornady 007 (single stage w/ auto priming). I will probably end up loading a bunch of calibers but right now I have Lee carbide 3-die sets for .45 ACP, .44 Mag and a Hornady 3-die titanium nitride set for .38/.357. I have no crimp dies, but from reading here I think I should get some. (The Hornady bullet seat die may also crimp, I can't remember) I'd say I definitely need a crimp w/all but maybe the light .38 special loads. What do you all think? What dies to get, etc. I think I have a pretty good handle on the loading process and I'm looking forward to really getting things going. I just don't want to damage any expensive firearms or (more importantly) any people!
(BTW, FWIW, I bought the Hornady Saturday and by last night I already had fifty cases prepped for primers, powder and bullets. I can't get the automatic priming system to seat the primers, but I worked without it. I have owned the Lee since early October and have yet to get a usable loaded round from it. The carbide in the sizer has chipped at the bottom, I can't get the auto primer feed to work reliably, and now the indexer has locked up, necessitating its disassembly once again!)

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries