View Single Post
Old March 14, 1999, 04:53 PM   #11
David Schmidbauer
Retired Screen Name

Keith;

Are you trying to bait me or what? I believe you are thinking "Rifle" scope while I'm just thinking Scope in general. Remember that song from the 60s

"For every scope, turn turn turn,
There is a firearm, turn turn turn,
And a Combo for every purpose under Heaven"

There are many types of scopes... suited for different purposes. Would I put a Simmons 44 Mag Scope on a Snip.. aaaa, precision rifle. NO. Would I put a Leupole Mark 4 Ultra on a shotfun... maybe if I took enough drugs (but I'd probably OD before I was waisted enough).

Why put a scope on a weapon for under 100 yards... why to put the aiming point and target on the same focal plain. For a shotfun scope I'd want a low power (1x or 2x). A Scout wouldn't be bad (it would be mounted to the bbl so when I take off the rifle bbl and put on my goose bbl I would have to re-sight in when I put it back on) or one of those HUD Red Dot Scopes.

With a low power I could use both eyes to pick up the in close target then switch to one eye just prior to taking the shot.

OR if I got a high power scope on it I could just look over the scope... a shotfun is made to be an extention of your eye so you really don't need sights.... RIGHT?

------------------
Schmit, GySg, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Page generated in 0.02584 seconds with 8 queries