View Single Post
Old June 20, 2017, 10:47 AM   #29
zukiphile

Quote:
But it's taken on the Fad status today. Emperors new clothes, in all their glory.
Fashion is a persistent human trait.

When I first became aware of gun magazines, back when people went to stores to buy magazines, the new thing was high capacity 9mm pistols (Wunder-nines) and guys were looping the index finger of their support hand around the front of the handguard to control recoil. I haven't seen that written about in a long time.

In the 80s, black was the color you wanted rather than coyote or incinerated dirt or other forms of khaki.

Quote:
Today we see it over and over and over because it makes shooters think they are on the cutting edge of technique. So be it. It's not harmful. That cool-aid tastes good to them.
The only potential harm I see to people new to the hobby is that they may mistake this technique for the basics of marksmanship. I try to mooch shooting tips from better shooters in conversation; they invariably respond with a version of basic instructions I've read dozens of times before. I don't think they are hiding anything; I think they see those basics as essential.

Page generated in 0.02588 seconds with 8 queries