View Single Post
Old August 29, 2011, 12:45 PM   #12
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
You lost me when your entire concern is getting suppressors. There are so many other things to fix first.
That was my thought as well.

Colvin, these things don't start with the governor. The ball has to get rolling in the legislature first. Have you approached your Senator or Representative? Do you have a rough draft of a bill you'd like submitted? Have you talked with the MRPA or NRA on the matter yet?

Quote:
Gun rights supporters helped elect you, and I believe now is the time where we will expect you to act. I believe a move to legalize suppressors (...) would greatly contribute to your upcoming campaign.
Without the things I mentioned, this is all bark and no bite. Even if Snyder has some interest in your concerns, his office gets dozens of letters like this a day, on any number of issues*. Most of these are skimmed by staffers and thrown out. To get handed up the chain, something in it would have to really stand out.

How would legalizing suppressors contribute to his re-election? How big of a factor is it to him, really? Who's there to put pressure on him to do so?

* I've seen the mail a state Senator gets, and it's truly surreal. I doubt rock stars get such weird and varied correspondence. At a certain point, the noise overwhelms the signal, and mail is treated as a nuisance.

Page generated in 0.02760 seconds with 8 queries