View Single Post
Old December 23, 2011, 12:23 PM   #16
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Witness the various laws, such as seat belts and helmets, which are designed for the protection of self, not the public in general
I would opine that these laws are designed to make money for municiaplities, and were sold to the public as protection of lives (self) and protection of public funds (not having to pay medical costs due to reduced injuries).

Personally, I think it is a good idea to wear a seatbelt or a helmet, but I dispise the fact that due to these laws the govt can reach in my pocket (fines) simply because I choose what I consider an acceptable risk.

I would much rather have seen the law state that if you do not wear a seatbelt or helmet that the payment of any medical costs due to injury (that a seatbelt/helmet would have prevented) would by solely your personal responsibility.

But we couldn't have that, now could we? Imagine the concept of people being financially responsible for their own stupidity! Heavens, it would collapse our system!

Page generated in 0.02989 seconds with 8 queries