View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 07:52 PM   #24
stu925

Quote:
In NY state, rifles holding more than 7 rounds are already banned by your new law if I am not mistaken. A Garand holds 8 rounds. Next!
First of all this is untrue, magazines pruchased before Jan 2014 that hold more than seven but less than 11 rounds may be kept but may not be loaded with more than 7 rounds. Per the SAFE act hotline the Garand is perfectly fine and is not considered an "assault weapon" (god I hate that term). After Jan 2014 you will still be able to purchase high cap magazines as long as they are C&R (more than 50yrs old) and they must be registered with the NYSP.

Second to the OP: Garands from the CMP must now go through an FFL to NYS. I was pretty upset when I sent out my paperwork and a week later discovered that I now needed to go through an FFL. Make sure you send your FFL info with your order. I would still get the Garand if I were you and do it ASAP before the CMP runs out of them and you end up paying over inflated gun show prices. I don't imagine the CMP has that many left. I had to go with my second choice of rifle since they had sold out all of the Service Grade Sprigfields. Be advised the CMP back log is approximately 60 days per the nice girl at CMP Customer Service

Stu

Page generated in 0.03766 seconds with 8 queries