View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 08:45 PM   #2
TeamTurpin

I had a long conversation about this with my gun guy last week. As I understand it, orders for guns are placed by distributors and large retailers a year in advance. Factories are cranking out firearms at their highest capacity, but they are still filling the orders placed last year. On rail spurs right now, there are boxcars being loaded with new firearms, but they aren't really related to 2012/2013's desperation buying. As distributors run out (and they're just about completely out now), they just have to wait on last year's ordered guns to come trickling in. Last year, who would have predicted this year's demand?

And, with the political climate, not many firearm manufacturers see investing in new gun making plants as a wise move.

As for reloading supplies, the supplies that we have historically found on shelves and at online retailers are basically the supplies that aren't needed by ammo manufacturers. Right now, ammo makers are using it all up. (It doesn't help that the Federal government is buying billions of rounds right now and their orders go to the top of the list.) I hear that it may be nine months until anything resembling normality returns.

Last edited by TeamTurpin; February 17, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 8 queries