View Single Post
Old March 4, 2010, 06:29 AM   #19
rem870hunter

handle both Remington and Mossberg brands pump and/or auto. i'd recom mend pump more than auto,thats just me. both makers offer a 2 barrel combo : 20-22" fully rifled with sights or cantilever ,and a 26 or 28" choke tube capable vent rib barrel.

Remington i know had 2 combos. 1 is 20" smooth fixed IC with rifle type sights and a 28" rem choked (choke tubes) vent rib. 2 is 20" fully rifled with rifle type sights and a 26" rem choked vent rib barrel. both combos were available in 12 ga or 20. i just checked on www.remington.com combo #1 in 12ga and 20ga is discontinued. they are making an express super mag combo that comes with a 26" rem choked vent rib and a 20" fully rifled with rifle type sights. loose barrels are available as well aftermarket. not all are mind you. like the 21" vent rib barrel for the Remington 870. its only on the turkey model. took me like 2 years to get one,and in great condition as well.

you're going to use it for hunting,are you hunting deer,bear only or would you be hunting small game and waterfowl as well?? how far would your shots be for deer,bear??

if your deer,bear shots are under 75 yards,and you can use buckshot or slugs for hunting, what Glazer1972 suggested would work if you go with Remington. and the 20" with sights would be good for a HD barrel.

Quote:
870 Express w/ 26" Remchoke Vent Rib bbl with this spare bbl.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=921370

i have 3 barrels for my 870 express mag in 12 ga.

1. 20" smooth fixed IC choke rifle type sights for deer,black bear and HD
2. 21" vent rib rem choke for turkey,HD
3. 28" vent rib rem choke for small game,waterfowl,clay target busting.

but like others and i have stated handle both brands and action types.

Last edited by rem870hunter; March 4, 2010 at 06:45 AM.

Page generated in 0.02128 seconds with 8 queries