View Single Post
Old March 28, 2011, 08:55 PM   #14
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebig
... but some joe shmo being able to stuff a revolver in his pocket and go on his merry way doesnt seem right to me. talk me through this if you can....
Well -- ya see, awhile back (oh, about 235 years, give or take), a bunch of guys sat around a table in a big room in Philadelphia and they came up with a bunch of words on a piece of paper. I think it was called the "Constitution," or something like that. And they actually decided that it might be cool to, like, use that bunch of words to try to run a country.

Well, of course that didn't work. Right away a bunch of negativists start whining about this and that, so the dudes who wrote this 'Constitution" thingie sat down again, and came up with a bunch of changes, called amendments. Some of them (ten, IIRC) were actually agreed upon as being less dumb than the rest, and they were approved. They called the bunch of 'em the "Bill of Rights."

And one of 'em said "The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

So, ya see, if'n ya think yer an Amurican, and you believe in that "Constitution" thingie -- ya sorta hafta agree to let anybody who isn't in prison carry a gun -- because that's what "bear arms" means.

Ya know?

Page generated in 0.03240 seconds with 8 queries