View Single Post
Old December 3, 2001, 07:26 AM   #9
PJR

Dave, here's the good news

Used Superposeds are one of the better bargains out there and the trap models are among the best. My two year old edition of the Blue Book puts the price of a standard grade Superposed at $1,650 in 100 per cent condition with a notation to subtract 10 to 15 per cent for the trap models including the Broadway. Not exactly cheap but a better price than Krieghoffs of the same vintage.

Not sure what prices are in your area but with trapshooters swapping guns as frequently as they do, these guns come up for sale often at reasonable prices. Last year, one of our local shooters was selling one for $1,100 in excellent condition.

It's not difficult to discern a salt wood gun. Have the stock removed and look inside the receiver. Rusted butt plate screws are another immediate sign although these screws are often replaced. I am somewhat cautious if a standard grade Browning has very nice wood. The original guns I've seen generally had acceptable but not spectacular wood. Browning bent over backward making the salt wood guns right and often restocked with nicer timber than original.

Page generated in 0.02821 seconds with 8 queries