Thread: 454 reloading
View Single Post
Old March 26, 2008, 07:30 AM   #2
Sevens

Not a stupid question whatsoever! I'll tell you now that since I don't load in these calibers, I'm not going to give you the expert answer... but the exact same thing is done with .44 Special in .44 Mag.

Not sure I'm following why you think the bullets will be more expensive-- unless you are saying that .454 only calls for jacketed bullets. Not a problem, you can use regular hard cast lead bullets with reduced loads in .454, as long as you aren't using one of the few magnum powders that does NOT tolerate being reduced, such as H110. And these powders are always noted in the guides as being ones you should never reduce.

I wish I loaded these calibers to offer specific data, but I'm sure one of our .45 LC guys will chime in with some thoughts. Seems we don't have a lot of discussion of .454 in here.

Page generated in 0.02317 seconds with 8 queries