View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 10:18 AM   #88
stephen426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallub
Recently the grandson of a good friend bought a .243 rifle. Sadly, he fired 20 rounds through that gun without hearing protection. Now the young man has severe hearing and nerve damage.
If he fired 20 rounds of .243 without hearing protection, they should check him for brain damage as well. Pain is meant to let us know we are damaging our bodies. I might have fired one shot without hearing protection by accident, but that's it.

In a pinch, I have used bullets as hearing protection. I had to disable a fire alarm that was going off. It was so freaking loud (especially up close) that I had to find something to plug my ears. Since I had my carry gun with me, I stripped out 2 rounds of 9mm from the mag and stuffed them in my ears case first. Let me tell you, it actually worked fairly well. It reduced the volume to tolerable levels since it blocked the sound from going directly into the ear canal. You guys with bigger ears may need to go up to .40 S&W, but make sure it is a snug fit for best results.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries