View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 02:45 PM   #1
cannonfire

Interesting opinion article from the Daily Caller about gun control

So happened to come across this article and thought it was rather interesting. I know it is preaching to the choir here but maybe you would like to spread it around, i dont know.

I've never heard of The Daily Caller but from the author's opening paragraph and the comments it seems to be a liberal website. So it was interesting to read an opinion article about why the author is against gun-control laws.

Basically, the author cites a Florida State University professor who was an advocate for gun control laws but through research and testing realized that gun control laws are not affective against fighting crime. The author admits he is ok with some gun control laws like banning drum magazines but what he is arguing against is outright banning of firearms. It is interesting that he points out he would not be against gun control laws if they were effective, but since they are not effective, banning firearms would only negate the positives of firearm ownership.

Although I'm pointing out his political preference (please Mods bear with me), I wanted to point that not every liberal is anti-gun and that there are pro-gun advocates that are fighting gun control laws even after the tragedy in Ct.

Btw, he is taking a sort of beating in the comment section of his article.

Daily Caller Gun Control Article

Page generated in 0.03195 seconds with 8 queries