View Single Post
Old July 2, 2012, 08:38 PM   #1
TX_QtPi

My Review of Coonan Arms

First of let me apologize if this is not in the correct section. Admins please move if it's not, Thanks.

So... I was actually TRYING to Order one of the Coonan Classics.
I read a couple other post on here that convinced me "YES, This would be the next gun for my collection."
I initially sent them an e-mail requesting more information using their "contact us" page, to which I got no response.
So I e-mailed them again to their direct sales e-mail Oh, I got a response, a somewhat iffy "yeah so so more or less" kind of response when I inquired further it got good. Here are the unaltered exchanges.

Cynthia Mendez

TO:[email protected]
Sunday, July 1, 2012 9:14 PM
Hi,
Wondering if you contact page is working or not. I contacted Coonan Arms about options for your Coonan Classic.
I was able to find most of my answers on your pricing sheet from your page. I'll be getting after market hex sights for the Coonan so I'll stick to the basic sights you offer. I would like to have one with just the lower in the black duracoat leaving the Slide, trigger, slide release, Thumb lock, Grip Lock and hammer in the original satin finish.

If you can provide me with a price quote and an estimated build/delivery time I would appreciate it.
Thanks so much.
-Cynthia I. Mendez

TO:'Cynthia Mendez'

CC: 'Connie White'
Monday, July 2, 2012 9:14 AM

Cynthia,

Order the black duracoat with that description. I believe it would be $1549.99. Running about 9-12 months or so.

Thanks,

David Neville
VP
Coonan Inc.
2033 105th Ave N.E.
Blaine, MN 55449

Re: RE: contact page?

Monday, July 2, 2012 12:07 PM

How does the order process work? I'm still curious about the price quote, I'm only wanting the lower with the duracoat but the price quoted seems to be for the regular complete coverage. If you provide me with info on what it takes to order and a final price I'll be able to give you an informed decision. Thank you again.

RE: RE: contact page?

TO:'Cynthia Mendez'
Monday, July 2, 2012 1:04 PM

$299.99 for one color duracoat. I don’t care if the whole thing is painted with lipstick or not. $299.99 you also get the grips and extra mag.

Curious $1549.99 did not strike you as a quote? You had better call your order in.

Thanks,

David Neville
VP
Coonan Inc.
2033 105th Ave N.E.
Blaine, MN 55449

Re: RE: RE: contact page?

Monday, July 2, 2012 3:39 PM

No thanks, after your reply you can keep your product.
Seriously? This is how you reply to a prospective customer. I suppose the lip stick remark is warranted cause you want to exert some kind of power trip? I'm a serious gun buyer and collector. And No, your quote is not accurate, why would I pay full price for partial work? No need to reply, I'm no longer interested in your product.

-Cynthia I Mendez

RE: RE: RE: contact page?

TO: 'Cynthia Mendez'
Monday, July 2, 2012 3:50 PM

Sounds good. Two tone is $299.99

David Neville
VP
Coonan Inc.
2033 105th Ave N.E.
Blaine, MN 55449

SO I'm left to wonder seriously what kind of customer service are they offering? I'm wanting a real quote. Saying "I believe it would be..." to me is NOT a quote... and I asked for simple clarification. honestly If they had responded with a reasonable, cohesive explanation.. i.e it's considered a custom job, it takes more time... anything, I may have bought from them still.

The "lip stick" comment was really uncalled for. YES, I'm a woman, YES, this gun is for ME, Yes, I can shoot the darn thing... I WAS VERY SERIOUS in My intent on buying it, now I don't want to give one red cent to Coonan Arms. If this is the way they behave Before getting your money how will they be once they have it?

And even after I said there is no need to respond because I was no longer interested they respond again. For what purpose to mock me as a customer? No Thanks! I'm taking the money I intended for buying the Coonan Classic and spending it on a Grendal!!

So there is my review... Buyer Beware, Buy at your own risk, expect no service or courtesy to come with your order of a Coonan Classic.

Page generated in 0.03848 seconds with 8 queries